The mission of the Virginia Prostate Cancer Coalition is to make prostate cancer an urgent priority for the medical, patient and legislative communities and the people of Virginia through education, outreach, advocacy and fund raising programs.
- Every 14.6 hours in Virginia a man dies of prostate cancer.
- Virginia’s prostate cancer mortality rate is 8th HIGHEST in the nation.
- 600 men are expected to die from prostate cancer this year alone.
- One in six men is at lifetime risk of prostate cancer.
- 5,330 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in Virginia this year.
- Over 5 years the number diagnosed is equal to the entire population of Herndon.
- African-American men have the highest rate of prostate cancer in Virginia.